Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Day 2 - Morning

Overview

The second day of our Disney experience was probably the most aggressive of the trip. We used our Early Entry pass today, which means we were able to enter the park an hour early. That hour helped us take out a significant chunk of the Fantasyland rides in a small amount of time.


Morning Attractions

Matterhorn Bobsleds

  • Amelia: “I liked it. I splashed in the waves.”
  • Mommy: “I’m getting too old for this!”
  • Daddy: “The old time roller coasters are too jerky for my liking.”
  • Raymond: “I closed my eyes, because it’s very, very, very, very, very fast.”

Peter Pan’s Flight

  • Raymond: “It’s kind of fun, and I see everybody.”
  • Amelia: “I liked the stars.”
  • Mommy: “The sets are great!”
  • Daddy: “I was fascinated with the feeling of flying in space. I liked the suspended track concept to allow more viewing of the scene below.”

Pinocchio’s Daring Journey

  • Daddy: “I wish it went a little slower in order to take it all in.”
  • Raymond: “I went inside the cage, and it was locked, but it will open up.”
  • Amelia: “I liked it, I got to see the toy shop.”
  • Mommy: “Too bad they don’t have Pinocchio as a real boy at the end”

Snow White’s Scary Adventures

  • Mommy: “Where’s the happy ending?”
  • Daddy: “Again, it went a little bit too fast to take it all in. The wicked witch really scared Raymond, who closed his eyes and said, ‘are we out yet?’ each time the ugly hag appeared.”
  • Raymond: “She grabbed the apple, and gave it to Snow White and she fell asleep.”
  • Amelia: “I think it was fun. I got to see the wicked witch in a pot.”

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

  • Amelia: “I liked when it looked like we were going to crash into a train, but the train was really on top of us.”
  • Mommy: “It is fun that they make it look like you are going to crash into walls and trains.”
  • Daddy: “I was glad that Raymond enjoyed ‘driving’ his car… he was quite accurate in turning the steering wheel with the track.”
  • Raymond: “I crashed into a brick wall and trains.”

King Arthur Carrousel

  • Daddy: “I was really disappointed that the girl behind Amelia raced ahead of her to get to the golden horse.” [For the 50th anniversary, all of the ‘class of 1955’ rides have one golden object on it.]
  • Raymond: “It went faster and faster. Then it went slower and slower.”
  • Amelia: “We went round and round on horses. I didn’t get the golden horse.”
  • Mommy: “Nice and slow, just my speed.”

Dumbo

  • Raymond: “I go around fast. I went up and down.”
  • Amelia: “Again, I was disappointed that I didn’t get the gold elephant, but I was number 2.”
  • Mommy: “More spinning?”
  • Daddy: “Tickled my stomach every time Amelia let Dumbo drop.”

Small World

  • Amelia: “It was fun, I got to see all around the world.”
  • Mommy: “I love this ride, it is fun to see all the costumes.”
  • Daddy: “Neat to see the international effects. The tune gets really, really old by the end of the ride, though.”
  • Raymond: “It was kind of fun. I see everybody inside a small world.”

Autopia

  • Mommy: “Raymond was having the time of his life driving the car.”
  • Daddy: “Letting Amelia take over the wheel was quite… um… exciting.”
  • Raymond: “It went faster, and I won.”
  • Amelia: “I got to drive a car. Daddy was with me, and Raymond went with Mommy.”

Highlight of the morning
  • Raymond: Autopia???
  • Amelia: Peter Pan’s Flight???
  • Mommy: Small World
  • Daddy: Peter Pan’s Flight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home